Want to hire a calligrapher to create custom pieces for you or to participate in your next event? Look no further! The following members of the Edmonton Calligraphic Society (ECS) are available to do contract work. The ECS provides this alphabetical list as a service and does not specifically endorse any one calligrapher over another. Skill, experience, lettering styles and prices could vary considerably; see client notes below before selecting a calligrapher.
Amy specializes in modern calligraphy and is also a graphic designer with over 25 years of experience. In addition to addressing envelopes or creating lettering for invitations, she can combine hand lettering with graphic design to create a quote, verse or other one-of a kind piece. You can see her hand lettered designs on Etsy, Facebook and Instagram (below).
Babuk Ink Calligraphy
Envelope work and so much more. One-of-a-kind custom pieces, monograms, hand-painted cards/invitations, certificates, fill-ins, illumination, teaching – group or private.
Alexis Reiter has extensive experience with many calligraphic styles, on many surfaces. She has studied with numerous internationally renowned calligraphers. Applications include commissions, instruction (private and group).
NOTE TO CLIENTS:
Skill levels and prices may vary considerably, so we offer these suggestions in selecting a calligrapher:
1) Ask for samples similar to the type of work you need. For unique commissions, ask to see the calligrapher’s portfolio.
2) Contact several calligraphers for a cost estimate for your particular job.
3) Regarding your work agreement, be specific in the following areas:
- Price (or breakdown of charges)
- Completion date/turnaround time
- Pickup/delivery options
- Minimum quantities necessary for the job
- Materials that will be used (ink, colors, paper, etc.)
4) Feel free to ask for references and discuss the calligrapher’s background, training and experience.
For any commissioned work, ensure that the text provided to the calligrapher is legible and worded as you want it to appear.
When multiple items are involved, please be prepared to provide extra envelopes, cards or certificates, etc. to the calligrapher.
All business arrangements are strictly between you and the calligrapher. The Edmonton Calligraphic Society is not responsible for any problems that may arise as a result of any business relationship.